Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Week 11 (Last Real Week of e-Learning!)

The official "shelter in place" ends this Friday along with the last official day of e-learning. Restaurants will be allowed to open with social distancing as well as salons and other stores. Masks are commonplace for most - at least in the state of Illinois. I can't believe how many people in Michigan continue not to wear them although when we were up there this past weekend for Memorial Day, we noticed more people doing so (we assumed most were from Illinois!).

Happy Memorial Day!
We drove up to Michigan last Wednesday night to get in some e-learning up there and begin our holiday weekend a bit early. The weather was perfect. We played volleyball in our front yard, took some walks, finally finished reading The Diary of Anne Frank and had some social distancing cocktails with friends. We did not want to come home but we had a lot of work to finish at our real house that I didn't want to stretch out into all of summer. We are almost done cleaning out our house from top to bottom. We tackled the storage room and Hailey's closet when we arrived home Sunday afternoon and then again on Monday. I really hope Amvets opens soon so someone can haul away all this stuff! I'll continue to tackle some small things this week like the linen closet and a few cabinets before we embark on our last big project and that's cleaning out the garage!

We did put the kids to work too. It was hot on Monday so after bribing them with some donuts, Austen and Peyton got to work cleaning out my car. They washed the outside, vacuumed the inside and then were supposed to wipe down the interior (after all they are the ones with Hailey who make a huge mess in it). Tom gave them a specific bucket of items to use and directions for use. Let's just say things did not go according to plan. Tom checked on them. Then I checked on them. What I found was Austen sweating his butt off doing all the work while Peyton had found a can of something she wasn't supposed to use and sprayed it all over my interior without so much as wiping it down with a rag. Let's just say, Tom and I had to spend an additional amount of time trying to correct her mistakes and today my car was still spotty and I couldn't see out the windshield. She literally sprayed the interior and walked away like it was a foaming bathroom tile cleanser for the showers that would do all the work! I guess that's what you get when you ask a 10 year old to wash your car but she's still smart enough to follow directions. Since this was her second offense in less than 24 hours, Tom made her write "I will listen to my parents" 100 times in cursive. She only made it to 60 though because after 20 she cried and complained that her hand hurt so bad.

It's going to be a long summer!

Learning her lesson - I will listen to my parents




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home