Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Week 2 of Quarantine/E-Learning

Chutes and Ladders
We're headed into Week 2 of our quarantine and e-learning. My days are certainly busier now trying to manage three kids and their e-learning schedules. Austen is pretty self-sufficient but I need to be 1:1 with Hailey for all of her learning which could take up to 3 hours a day. Peyton still needs her work reviewed too so that takes more time. Plus, I'm troubleshooting Google classrooms and getting my kids logged onto Google meet ups with their teachers. Then it's lunch time. Back to academic time and finally outside for a walk or some form of exercise before making dinner. Yesterday, I did one of my Barre 3 classes with the kids before we walked the dog. It was only 30 minutes and at least I broke a sweat but not my preferred way to work out either.

The only bright side was that on Friday night, we left Illinois to head to Michigan until this morning. That broke up the time and monotony of staying inside a bit. But, Tom's work and the ability for the kids to have more space here while e-learning drew us back to Illinois until our spring break.

Speaking of spring break - we had to cancel Hawaii. The kids were so disappointed but I said we'd reschedule. Just not sure when. Waiting to see if we even have a spring sports season otherwise maybe early summer we'll rebook our trip. At this point, I wouldn't even be sad if all was canceled so we could get away.

On the plus side, it only took me 6 years and the Coronavirus to use my jetted tub. It was amazing. I may have to use it again soon to deal with this e-learning! I also convinced my family to watch the Sound of Music - which none of us had ever seen. After a lot of complaining mostly from Austen, we sat down to watch the 3-hour movie. All of them were pleasantly surprised and really liked it. I guess that's why it's a classic! Hoping to knock a few of my other must dos in 2020 off my list.

We've been playing lots of board games with the family too. We taught Hailey how to play Old Maid and have been enjoying Chutes and Ladders and the Game of Life as well as the tic-tac-toe game we have in Michigan. My kids usually spend a lot of time with us (maybe it's the age, maybe because we demand it) but I'm relishing this time together (aside from the e-learning). Too soon it will be gone and Austen will be off to college, and then we'll be a family of four, and then three and then just two, again.
Hailey must have picked the Old Maid!


Working from Michigan in his corner

A snuggly spot for some e-learning
Back home for a video chat with teacher and classmates

Much needed break and outside activity time/walk with Sadie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home