Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, May 18, 2020

Week 10 (Only two more weeks of e-learning!)

Week 10. Somehow it seems like so much longer but then again I can't believe it's almost June. I have to say we've kept busy. We were home this weekend instead of venturing to Michigan in order to get some things done around the house. We visited some family while social distancing. I have to say Papa really needs a haircut! Hoping phase 3 where the salons can open happens soon! Actually, I already made appointments in June for me, Tom and Austen. Figuring the girls can wait a little longer after the rush.

While Saturday proved to be a beautiful day where we went for a hike and cleaned up the yard and started on a thorough cleaning of Peyton's room, yesterday was awful. Rain all day. It was a great day to clean out the basement (Tom and Austen) while Peyton and I continued to tackle her room. Now I've cleaned out a lot of spaces since the "shelter in place" began and I have to say that her room was the worst! It took us 7 hours total! I can't believe all the junk she had in there. And, if you're reading this and have any inclination of buying her anything for holidays or her birthday, she does not need one more toy or piece of junk to add to it! Only clothes or experiences or anything she can't put in her room. That was a A LOT of work and I hope never ever to do that again except when I'm moving her out totally after college!

So the most exciting thing that happened last week was Hailey finally learned how to ride a two-wheeler. I say finally but because of the pandemic she was probably the one kid of ours who learned how to ride her bike the earliest. Austen was the end of first grade because we lived in the city until almost halfway through his first grade year and Peyton gave up waiting for us and taught herself in first grade.

 So yay for the pandemic - lots of time to learn new things too!

 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home