Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 03, 2020

Week 8

Week 8. I can't believe I'm writing that or that we're entering week 7 of e-learning or that it's even May.  It's all become the new normal and we're growing accustomed to our routines. Getting lots done around the house that's for sure. I'm happy about that. That means I don't need to clean out this house again from top to bottom for at least another 10 years!

The kids said the week went by quick this past week. I think it helps to have one day of e-learning in Michigan and then four days at home to break up the full week. So far it's been working well aside from our lack of printer up there (that's taking forever to be delivered). But that means we just have to get creative (mostly with Hailey's worksheets). I've become quite the artist (with Tom's help!).

I just also bought masks for the kids and they arrived this week. They don't really go anywhere that requires one right now but I'm wondering what the future will hold and will we all be required to wear one for certain things moving forward like on airplanes or any other kind of public transportation.

Tom's putting the final touches on my workout room (only now it's everyone's workout room). Pictures coming soon. Hailey's sense of humor and personality are really starting to develop. The other day as I was working with her I said "Hailey, why are your letters so far apart today?!" "Mom," she said with a straight face, "they're supposed to be 6 feet apart - they're social distancing!" Ha! When she's not being sarcastic, she is also learning how to ride her bike. We did a lot of practicing this past week and while she only wants to practice for about 20 minutes each day, she's getting the hang of it and can pedal by herself for about 10 seconds. It won't be long now before we take some family bike rides. Tom is looking forward to not having to put her in the trailer anymore because she's just too heavy!

Peyton is well, Peyton. She's had us up all night til 4am one day and then 2am last night after repeatedly getting out of bed and telling us she can't sleep. Even with some natural sleep remedies my sister in law recommended she's just not tired. But Tom and I sure are!

Austen is Austen. If it's nice out, he's outside practicing soccer mostly or running or sometimes practicing baseball or if it's not nice outside, he's using my treadmill or lifting weights. I'm a bit surprised but he's enjoyed our family nights of watching TV or working on our 1,000 piece puzzle in Michigan that we've yet to complete. His friends are all online playing Fort Nite and he'll join them later but it doesn't occupy his whole day or even half of it. He's also enjoying watching the Chicago Bulls "Last Dance" documentary with Tom and me.


Starbucks and bike riding...what could be better?


Practicing her music because "Mom, I have music on Tuesdays and Fridays!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home