Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Year Ago Today...

...we were in Vancouver getting ready for our Disney Cruise to Alaska. I'm so glad that we got that in last year instead of waiting til this year. I'm all about my vacations and making memories so I'm really feeling it now with no real vacations in sight at least for the rest of 2020. Believe me, I've tried but with the level of uncertainty and trying to make all of the pieces fit again as to when to go, it's just not worth it. So here's to cramming in a lot of vacations in 2021! We're saving up, Tom! So don't be surprised if we go on more than two next year (we kind of have to to use our credits by the end of the year anyway). And, it will be Austen's last year before high school where we have to contend with loads of schoolwork and even more sports schedules.

A year ago today my house was also never as clean as it is right now. We've scoured it from top to bottom - getting rid of things we don't need and donating others. My favorite thing that I redid has to be my pantry though. That was a few days of work as I reorganized and labeled items into baskets and jars.






I must admit that I'm losing steam though as the shelter in place has lifted and life has gotten busier again, and I'm just plain tired of cleaning things out and reorganizing.  But, I'm so glad that I was on a roll during the colder months because I'm trying to muster up some motivation to finish my own closet and drawers little by little. I have about 10 days til Amvets comes so I think I'll be able to make it in that time. That's my goal.

Tonight, we finished redoing Austen's bathroom from a shark theme he had when we moved in when he was in the first grade to a more grown up rising 8th grader's bathroom (we redid his room almost 2 years ago but never touched his bathroom). 




Other than that, I feel like it's going to be a long summer with no real camps for the younger kids and a lot of speculation on what's going to be okay to do for everyone else. At least we have Michigan but even then not sure what will be open and what will be allowed. One thing is for sure, it will definitely be a different kind of summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home