Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, April 08, 2019

The Principal's Office


Recently I found out at dinner with Peyton's best friend's mom that the girls were sent to the principal's office...like four months ago! Peyton's best friend finally told her mom recently and she shared this news with me.

Now despite my brothers thinking I was a goody two shoes throughout my school years, I too was sent to the principal's office in the 7th grade. I remember it was in one of my least favorite classes - Industrial Arts (aka shop class) and we were bored. So we thought it would be fun to keep a piece of wood (aka a project) away from a boy. We were throwing it around the table and low and behold, our teacher came over and was very mad. I got sent down to the principal's office with my friend. Since it was a first offense, I don't recall getting in that much trouble and I don't even really remember what the principal said but I do remember that moment when I was told to go to the principal's office. And for a kid who never got in trouble at school, it was terrifying.

So the next morning when I saw Peyton I casually asked her about the principal's office. Wide eyed that I found out (I told her moms always have a way of finding out), she told me that she had been spying with a few friends on two other friends in the garden at school and the lunch supervisor blew a gasket and sent them to the principal's office. The principal was puzzled as to why they were sent there for spying (according to Peyton this lunch supervisor is just really mean). But then again, I'm not sure I believe all of her story either. I mean really...the principal's office for spying. But this is the kicker, she didn't tell me because it was right before Xmas and she was afraid she wouldn't get any presents for Xmas and I would cancel her birthday party! Smart girl. She would've taken that secret to her grave!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home