Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 19, 2016

The Things Hailey Says...

At almost three years old, our little girl says the cutest things sometimes. I wanted to capture these words at least in print, but hopefully someday soon on video too.

Here are a few instances of Hailey being Hailey:

  • I am upstairs making lunch in the kitchen. She's downstairs in the basement playing. I sneeze. then I hear this little voice say, "Bless you, Mommy!" My heart melts.

  • "I want to go to Carget (Target)!" She asks me this every day when I pick her up from school. She wants to see all the toys and I have to lie and tell her that they are closed or are cleaning the store or everyone went home for lunch and a nap (just like her!). 

  • Hailey can have quite the little temper especially toward her siblings (well one in particular who shall remain nameless). So she has been serving timeouts for hitting and must apologize afterward. Hailey hates to apologize and instead says, "I don't want to say sorry." Talk about stubborn. She flat out refuses. Reminds me of Austen's famous words when he was younger, "I'm not sorry." 

  • This past Sunday, Austen was warming up with his soccer team before his game. He happened to be close to the sideline where we were sitting and Hailey who had been playing suddenly noticed him standing nearby. "Hi Austen!" she shouts. Austen responds, "Hi Hailey!" These two have a special bond. Later on in the game, I happened to remark to Tom that Austen had no clue that there was an opposing player behind him that he should have been marking. Hailey overheard me and said, "Austen has no clothes?! Where?"
There are so many, I wish I could remember them all and write them all down here just so I could document her cuteness. Seriously, sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to be the mom of this cute little girl. Love her to pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home