Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 12, 2016

Hailey's First Day of School



Not to be outdone by her brother and sister, Hailey had to have her picture taken for her first day of school too. Last year, she preferred staying home with me rather than go to school, but this year she's more excited to be like Austen and Peyton and have fun at school.

She's talking more and discovering new friends and new work. She tells me what she has for snack, what work she picked to use that day and also what happened in general as one day she got in the car and promptly told me that Michael hit her. Ha! She showed me where he hit her (on her head) and I said well, what did you say? She then replied, "I said, No Michael!" Hailey is a tough cookie so I am sure she can handle a hit and she's pretty good at giving them out herself - maybe not at school but she does like to wallop Peyton every once in awhile!

Don't get me wrong though there are still days when she would rather spend time with me than get out of my car and enter her school, but she puts on a brave little face (even when her eyes look a little glassy) and lets the teacher lead her to the door. I am amazed at her strength and her ability to hold it together on those days.

My little girl is growing up!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home