Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peace, Love and Lobstah

No that's not a typo - that's how you say (maybe not spell) lobster in New England where we just spent five great days. The trip started off a little shaky with a canceled flight and an automatic rebooking through Dallas. Good news was I hadn't left my house yet and the kids were still sleeping. I let them sleep a little longer, worked the phone with American Airlines and was able to get us a morning flight into Hartford, Connecticut - a relatively easy drive into the Boston area. There was no way I was doing a connection and one that took me southwest before I could go northeast! I wouldn't do that without kids, there was no way I was doing it with them!

Flight out was pretty routine. We bought Peyton a seat this time but she still didn't fall asleep. Met up with my cousins for dinner and then Friday it was off to my aunt and uncle's place in Maine. We swam in the lake and Austen got to drive a boat!




Saturday we headed to the beach where I bought Austen his very own boogie board (thanks papa for taking it home for us in you car).



Sunday we hit downtown Lexington for a little shopping and walking.



Then we headed to my favorite ice cream store that I always have to go to when I'm in town - Friendly's.



Monday we headed home and reminisced about the great food, great times and of course our great family who were happy to have us even if it meant more work for them!

1 Comments:

  • We love Friendly's here in New York!!! My sister moved to South Carolina and everytime she comes home she gets ice cream from Friendly's

    By Blogger Dreamer725, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home