Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, July 04, 2011

It's America's Birthday!

Today we woke up to celebrate America's birthday. How else do you explain the 4th of July to your 4 year old? I told him everyone is having a party to celebrate America's birthday and a lot of places are having special parades.

We started off the morning by walking around our neighborhood and then driving to a parade in a suburb we wish we could afford to live in! Let's just say sitting on the curb with these beautiful houses lining the streets with shady trees was a little piece of Americana. Starting off the parade were a ton of fire trucks and ambulances. Peyton said ambulance too...what other 18 month old can say ambulance? She's very verbal that kid! The kids enjoyed the show even though the trucks were loud and when they honked their horn, I thought they were going to burst into tears but they brought themselves back from the edge.

Austen liked the "girls flipping" - they had girls tumbling and doing backflips. Peyton was mesmerized by it all and even started dancing when she heard some music playing. I never was one for parades but I definitely enjoy seeing my kids react to them. Just for that I'll go every year until they are big enough to tell me, "Parades are boring mom!"







1 Comments:

  • Hi Adler's Mom, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

    By Blogger hapi, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home