Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Just as Boring as I Remember It

When I was about 12, we had a day off from school. My dad decided he was going to take the day off too and spend some time with my brothers and me. So he piled us into the car and didn't tell us where we were going. We knew even at that age and having recently moved to Illinois, that we were going downtown so we were giddy thinking that our dad was taking us to the Cubs game. That dream ended when my dad got lost and had to ask a cop where the Museum of Science and Industry was located.

My brothers and I were so not thrilled so when my dad exited the car, we locked ourselves in (this was before the days of car remotes). Twenty plus years later, I still remember that day and how bored I was. Science isn't my thing although I have to say that I have been back to the Museum of Science and Industry at least two or three times since then and wouldn't write home about any of those times either so I don't know why I reluctantly agreed to attend when Tom wanted to bring Austen and Peyton there. But, I did.

Austen enjoyed the model train railroad and Peyton liked looking at all the people. And, I liked zipping through all of it in less than two hours.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home