Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Austen

Happy Birthday to my big four year-old!

Austen had a full day of birthday festivities. He woke up happy and excited to start his day and opened his presents first. I'm amazed at how excited he gets to open clothes (which we bought him along with a bike helmet) but he does get excited by clothes!

Then it was off to school. He brought banana bread muffins for his class to celebrate and they all looked at pictures of Austen "through the years" during his special celebration.

Tom and I picked him up early from school and along with Peyton continued his birthday celebration at the Rainforest Cafe. I had not been to one of these restaurants in probably more than 10 years but was impressed with the very life-like animals, waterfalls and juggle atmosphere. Austen and Peyton were mesmerized by the elephants, however, Austen didn't want to get too close! Every 22 minutes they had thunderstorms complete with the sounds and flashing of the lights which fascinated Peyton. Austen told me he did not like the thunder! But he did like the birthday sundae with the candle in it that they brought. All the waiters and waitresses came over to sing happy birthday and Austen was in Heaven. He likes being the center of attention.

After Rainforest Cafe, we jumped back in the car and within five minutes, Austen was sound a sleep. Birthdays sure to do take a lot out of you!

Here are Austen's resolutions for being four:

- I will go to the bathroom and wash my hands by myself (I do at school but at home if my parents help me go to the bathroom I don't have to wash my hands because I don't touch anything!).

- I will get dressed by myself. (I am very capable of doing this but I would rather play and horse around most of the time rather than get dressed!).

- I will quit being "crazy" (He is working on controlling how excited he gets at home and at school!).

1 Comments:

  • Oh..the Rainforest Cafe sounds lovely. If they had one near here, I would take my grand baby for her next birthday. She will be four and I just think that would be great. I love the pictures.

    By Blogger Garnetrose, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home