Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Austen's Holiday Concert

This year Austen is in the older classroom that puts on a holiday concert. They've been practicing for weeks and Austen has been going around the house singing various Xmas songs and showcasing his choreographed moves. Here is one of his rehearsals at home:



So on Wednesday, I finally got to see Austen sing live. The other parents and I gathered early to ensure we got a great seat to be able to see and tape our kids. Only problem was that last week I had dropped and broke my camera and it was out for repair. Not good timing with the holiday season and upcoming birthdays. My dad was nice enough to lend me his camera but I don't think the Olympus was quite the quality of my Sony so see if you can pick out Austen. Nevertheless, I can't explain how I felt seeing Austen on stage for his first performance. It was surely a mixture of pride and excitement for him. When he got out on stage, he was so excited to see me that he was waving frantically and blowing me kisses. I think for me that was better than the songs he was singing - just the excitement that he got to see me in the middle of the day and he was so happy that I was there. Next came the singing and dancing. He did really well in the beginning but then grew bored about halfway through the hour-long concert. He continued to sing but he wasn't into dancing anymore. Maybe he was too hot. After all, I noticed about halfway through that he wasn't just wearing the black pants I sent him to school in but the black snow pants too! I'm sure he insisted on wearing those!




1 Comments:

  • Karyn - what a big boy Austen is! This was so sweet, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was visiting you in the hospital when he was born.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home