Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 and 1


This week we went to do annual check ups at the doctor. Austen had his four year old check up and Peyton had her one year (I guess hers are more regular at this age). At any rate, I made both of their appointments on the same day despite last year's experience of Austen totally melting down at the doctor's office. I was wondering what the heck I was thinking but I also like a good challenge.

So we drove downtown, parked on the street, got everyone on board the Bugaboo and rolled right over to Northwestern to see the doctor. The first challenge was maneuvering my big stroller into the bathroom and getting a urine sample from Austen. He was completely weirded out by me holding a cup that he could pee into! After some coaxing we finally accomplished that and moved onto the room.

Last year, Austen wouldn't even take off his clothes to get weighed or measured. This year he kept telling me he was going first because he was bigger than Peyton. So he did. He weighed in at 38 pounds and is 3 foot 3 1/2 inches. Peyton is 20 pounds, 8 ounces and 31 inches long.

Austen interacted well with the doctor following all the instructions and then watching his sister do the same. He had no idea that he was getting two shots that day. The doctor left and while we were waiting for the nurse to come back in, Austen started to catch on a little asking what we were waiting for. The nurse came in and she asked that I hold Austen on my lap. So I put Peyton in the stroller and picked Austen up. She had him look away so he didn't even know that he was getting a shot til he felt a prick and looked back. He didn't cry until he saw the second one and even then he didn't cry for that long. Peyton did well with her four shots too...not crying too long after.

They both did a great job at the doctor and are happy and healthy kids.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home