Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 07, 2009

My Little Ball Player

Like most little boys, Austen loves to play ball. Now, he's not picky. He'll play soccer, basketball, football or baseball. You name it, he'll play with you or try to get you to play with him.

When I pick him up from school at the end of the day all the kids in his class are playing in what's called their "gross motor room" (fancy Montessori word for indoor playground!). Often, his teacher, Ms. Rubi, will be throwing or kicking the ball with him. But Austen won't just be standing a few feet away from her. He has to challenge himself and he's usually on top of the indoor play house throwing the ball down to her and having her throw it up to him to catch it. "He likes to play ball!" she tells me when I arrive. I shake my head and say "I know!"

At a recent trip to grandma's house, Austen showed off his batting skills. In this video he is 1-1 but he sure can hit, kick, throw or catch those balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home