Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Austen from Boston

Austen from Boston...that's what my cousin nicknamed Austen when we came to visit last weekend.

It was Austen's second time on an airplane and this time he was genuinely interested before falling asleep during takeoff on both the arriving and returning flights. In fact, he slept through most, if not all, of both flights. It was nice to sleep and to read my book!

Especially since I didn't have a chance to do much of either during our quick four-day trip. Here's a summary of it:

First there was a visit to my favorite ice cream parlor - Friendly's! I love Friendly's - talk about bringing me back to my childhood. Everytime we are anywhere near one, I eat there. We happened to go for breakfast this time (and of course for ice cream later).



Then we went to the beach. Not our usual Michigan beach but the real beach! The water was salty and Austen wasn't used to being able to wade out into the waves so he was a little hesitant but he loved throwing his ball in the water and watching the waves knock it back to shore.



It was above 90 degrees the second time I tried to relive my childhood through Austen by making everyone go to Canobie Lake Park, which is an amusement park for kids. Austen had a good time going on rides by himself.

This picture was taken right after he splashed the operator with water and was scolded.



Look how happy he looks after the ride whipped him around its bend.



Austen loves to drive and this didn't help us in getting him to sit in his own seat when we get in our car!



And, finally here he is after hours spent at the park...all tired out.



I think he had fun but I know he was happy to get home to his own bed and all his toys!

1 Comments:

  • Looks like a great trip! Wasn't Canobie Lake perfect for Austen's age? Next time we'll have to plan a trip at the same time!!!

    By Blogger Busy Mom, at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home