Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Being a Big Brother


Tom and I don't know much about being a big brother. He's the youngest of four and I only have a big brother. I wasn't one. But I'm pretty sure I benefitted from having one.

I remember when the boys would bother me and my friends on the playground when I was in elementary school. We would go find my big brother who was only a grade higher than me and he would find those boys and give them a hard time. Those boys were never mean to us again. I liked that my big brother and I were close in age and went to the same school - well, most of the time. Not the time when he parked a mile away from school when I was on crutches and made me hobble to the door with my books instead of dropping me off in front.

I hope Austen doesn't do that but I hope he does all those good things that my big brother did for me. In late December, he'll get his chance. Austen is expected to gain his new title then and I'm sure he'll be a great big brother just as mine was even if he has a little sister who bothers him on the playground.

2 Comments:

  • Austen is going to make a great big brother! We are so excited!

    If it makes you feel any better, your big brother hasn't changed! Last week we went to the grocery store in the rain and he refused to dropp the kids and me off at the door!

    By Blogger Busy Mom, at 2:01 PM  

  • Karen & Tom,

    Congratulations! I hope you will continue your blog....you are a "fun read" and I really enjoy reading about your family. Marmee (McKenzie)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home