Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Mommy Goes to Work, Daddy Drives the Car


Every weekday morning, I get an email from Tom telling me how Austen was for those last 10 minutes that he is home with him and I have left for work.

Here's one that I received this week:

Austen really wanted to go to the beach today. I had to keep tricking him to distract him from thinking about the beach and not going to school. In the end he was happy to go to school and had no problems. He still thinks you go to work and I drive the car and he goes to school. Funny.

Since I leave earlier than Tom, I kiss Austen goodbye and he knows I catch the bus to go to work. He also knows that I work in a "big building" as Tom and him sometimes drop me off at work. But, he must think his dad is his and my personal chauffeur because when asked what daddy does - he says, "Daddy drives the car!"

Sorry, Tom. Austen doesn't think that your master's degree and all those hours studying for your licensing exams amount to more than driving a car. But, I'm sure when he's older and really understands what you do, he'll be bringing you to school for show and tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home