Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

You Be in the Kitchen


I used to utter the phrase, "Daddy, you be in the kitchen" when my dad used to put me to bed when I was about Austen's age. I could just see him from my slightly ajar bedroom door, reassuring me that I wasn't alone in the house.

Austen is now doing the same thing. But, his phrase is "Mommy, on the computer!" Austen can just see me through his slightly ajar bedroom door if I work on the computer located directly outside his bedroom. Occasionally he'll offer me reprieve and tell me it's okay if I go eat instead but I have to wait until he gives me permission. Once he does, I know I am home free and I won't hear his frantic cries asking me to get back on the computer.

I'm sure my dad will chuckle when he recollects these moments - especially when I used to catch him not in the kitchen. I guess history has a strange way of repeating itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home