Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, February 08, 2009

And I Thought Adler was Smart!


For Xmas, Austen got a play kitchen and various plastic food and fruit that he can cut with a plastic knife. He loves it, especially the cutting and he's pretty good at it too. Tom told me he even whipped him up some breakfast the other day. Well, this morning as I was playing downstairs with Adler and Austen, Austen began playing in his kitchen with his plastic food and Adler went nuts. You would've thought it was a real kitchen the way she was reacting, smelling the plastic food and following Austen around, begging him with her eyes to give her just a little taste. Good thing Austen isn't as big of a sucker as I am because Adler probably would've downed some of that plastic food. Actually she did manage to get a hold of a piece of plastic chicken and had fun licking it to death and gnawing on it a little bit. I think she must've figured out that she couldn't make it real no matter how hard she tried because she eventually gave up without so much as putting an indentation in the chicken! Somehow this dog knows not to mess with Austen's toys even when given permission, which I clearly did with the chicken because I wanted to see what she would do. I bet I could leave that plastic food all over the floor when I go to work and I'd come home and it'd be in the same exact spot. It was nice to see Adler be a little mischievous though by trying to steal Austen's play food and acting a bit like a puppy. Sometimes she's just too good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home