Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Austen Goes Sledding

Chicago has been getting lots of snow (and lots of cold weather) over the past month or so which gave us many perfect opportunities to go sledding! Unfortunately, we didn't have a sled yet when the snow first began to fall at the end of 2008 and since we live in the city, there were fewer stores that sold sleds and therefore, no sleds when we finally went to go buy one. Well, during one of my treks to the burbs when I was doing Xmas shopping, I finally found a sled for Austen. He got to try it out last weekend at a hill that Tom used to sled at when he was young.

At first we thought Austen might be scared going down the hill by himself so Tom went with him. I then told Tom to let him go on his own. He loved it! I don't know what we were worried about since we heard him laughing the whole way down and he had the biggest smile ever on his face. We sent him down by himself sitting up, on his belly and then Tom and I took turns riding with him. I forgot how much fun sledding could be. The only thing that could have made it a more perfect day was to have Adler there frolicking in the snow with us.

Here's a video of Austen heading down the hill on his belly and a video of him sledding on his own. The video is a little blurry since there's motion but you get the idea.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home