Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Just Caught Austen...


trying to climb out of his crib! Now, lately he's exhibited some signs of climbing and I'm not talking stairs because he's pretty proficient at those, but climbing up a short step stool or up on a railing. But the last few days I've seen him trying to kick up his leg high enough to get it over the crib bar. Today, was different though. Today, he actually stood on his fish tank music box that affixes to the inside of his crib and tried to hoist himself over. I'm only sorry I didn't get a picture of it but I was too surprised that I didn't have the forethought to grab the camera. All I could do was say, "Austen get down!" Where a 'shocked that he'd been caught' Austen turned and looked at me and fell to his mattress to pretend like he was sleeping (another one of his great acts).

Do they really try to crawl out of the crib at 16 months?! I thought I had at least a few months to go on this one! But I guess not if you have boys. More on what I suspect the differences are between boys and girls in a future post. But, above is a picture of Austen shortly after his 'climb.' I guess he must've tired himself out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home