Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! Love, Austen and Adler


Well, my second official Mother's Day arrived (official means not counting Adler although in my mind she's just another one of my kids although I can leave her home alone and no one will call the cops on me!). Anyway, this one was a lot like last year's Mother's Day, meaning that Austen is teething this year too. I woke up to him crying at 5:20am - I'm sure it was because he couldn't wait to wish me a happy Mother's Day.

I'm wondering how many mothers today also climbed out of bed early to be with their children when the dads were nestled all snug in bed? My gift was that by 6:15am he was back to sleep with the help of some Orajel and that he dozed til about 8:30am.

Then we were headed off to celebrate mother's day with our moms and unfortunately without Adler. The pouring rain kept Adler from suburban backyard bliss and a workout with the neices, but I know she enjoyed catching up on her beauty sleep. Actually, I'm wondering right now how much sleeping she actually did since she's passed out again now.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to Mother's Day number three and being done with teething!

1 Comments:

  • Happy Mother's Day!!

    Oragel. Better living through chemistry.

    By Blogger Perry, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home