Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Austen is Just Like His Dad

From the moment I saw my little munchkin, I knew that he was going to look nothing like me. That became even more apparent as he got older. The dark hair that he was born with soon fell out and became a light brown/dark blond - just like his dad's. His eyes are his dad's blue instead of my green. His tiny fingers and fingernails are just like his dad's. And, when he sleeps, his head gets all sweaty and his hair transforms into a million tiny curls - just like his dad's did when he was a little boy.

I never really minded that he looked like his dad and not like me (after all, I did marry him). But, I was secretly hoping that he'd have some of my personality traits. Now it's probably still too early to tell but it seems as though once again his dad's genes may have won on that one too.

Check out my little guy concentrating on building with his Legos (well, not real Legos but the ones for toddlers). He loves building with his Legos, his blocks and looking up at the buildings from his stroller when we go on walks.

From the looks of it, we may have a future architect, construction manager or engineer in our family.

2 Comments:

  • Such concentration!

    When he gets older and figures out how to write, maybe he'll be more like his mom. You just don't have to know as much to build things versus write things.

    By Blogger Perry, at 12:27 PM  

  • Ha, Perry. I'll make sure Tom doesn't read that:)

    By Blogger Adler's Mom, at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home