Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Time Away from Adler


Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but we were on vacation in Cape Cod...this time without Adler. Tom and I try to bring Adler with us everywhere we can even on vacations if it's a pet friendly place. But, when we have to fly somewhere that's when either family helps out or she gets to go to the kennel.

Tom and I are pretty picky about leaving her at a kennel and I still don't really like it, but the only consolation is that this is where she was born. Her breeder runs the Barrington Kennel and so whenever we drop her off there there's always more than a few Berners around. So despite the hour drive from our place, we still do it because we know she is one of theirs and will take care of her like one of their own. Of course too, I always insist we pay extra for individualized playtime for her and the frosty paws treat and cookies at the end of the day!

Anyway, after just a day or so, even though I was enjoying my vacation, I was secretly counting the days til we could pick her up. Must've been all those other dogs roaming around Cape Cod that made me think of her more often than not this vacation or maybe it was just the hormones! If I'm like this with my dog, how am I going to be with my kid?!!

2 Comments:

  • Now we know why oor dog is fat - all those frosty paws and treats at the kennel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

  • You'll be great with a kid.

    Good idea to avoid taking Adler on planes. I don't think they treat pets too well in the luggage holding area.

    By Blogger Perry, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home