Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

We Really Want a Cat!

I remember being 9 and begging my parents for a cat. They told me that if I got 16 out of 23 Outstandings on my report card then I could get one. I don't think they thought I could attain that or maybe they really wanted a cat too, but I did and so in the 4th grade we got our first cat. 

We added two more cats later so at one time we had three cats. 

My girls are begging for a cat. I love cats too. I just don't really think I want the added responsibility of a cat - not that they are that much work but you should hear the complaining by any one of the kids when I ask them to help out with Sadie. 

Last Monday, I had signed the girls up to volunteer at the local humane society in their kids corp program. They had so much fun so I signed them up for a week of summer camp each. But each time they come home or even after they peruse their website of available pets, they tell me about all these different animals that need homes and beg to adopt one. I'm so tempted to rescue at least one and give them a forever home but I hold back because Sadie is so much work and doctor's appointments, etc. I don't want to commit to caring for another being when we are this busy unless the kids are going to help out and well, you know how that goes. 

So maybe someday a cat will be in our future but for now, I think taking care of three kids and a dog is enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home