Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Hailey Loves Brownies!

I'm not talking about the kind you eat (although she does love those too) - I'm talking about being a Girl Scout (or at her age they call it Brownies). 

She sold 156 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (thanks to you all) and her goal was 100 so already she's doing very well in the sales department. She helped her troop raise more than $1200 dollars due to cookie sales (she did have one friend who sold over 200 but her mom is a realtor so I'm sure she gave them to all of her clients!). Still pretty magnificent. 

Hailey really loves the monthly meetings. Last month, they got together and had pen pals at a nursing home they wrote to and then created these little stuffed animals called snuggle bunnies for them. 

They've done fitness workouts together (definitely not her favorite meeting - but I was there as moms were invited too on a Saturday morning and it was a hard boot camp that I didn't enjoy either!). They've made mini gingerbread houses during the holidays and done nature scavenger hunts too. She had to miss the Halloween window painting due to soccer (which she still is very bummed about) but looks forward to the next meeting where they get to go to the local bank and learn about money management. She decided to miss soccer for that one! 

So glad both my girls enjoy(ed) Brownies/Girl Scouts. Peyton's time was cut a little short due to COVID but they did what they could outside when things opened up again and had a nice little goodbye ceremony at the end of 5th grade to wrap up their years as a Girl Scout. She also got to enjoy a few Girl Scout summer camps over the years. Maybe Hailey will too. I loved it all - camp, meetings and troop camping - when I was a kid and am grateful that my girls and I share that experience. 

Snuggle Bunnies (Hailey bottom right)

Gingerbread Houses (Hailey back row to the right)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home