Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, March 01, 2020

Sadie Makes it to Age 4!

Sadie celebrated her 4th birthday on Friday in Michigan (kids had the day off of school). I say she made it to age 4 because of the amount of issues this dog has had at such a young age. But, I'm happy to report that as she turns 4 things are going great for her. Her partial tear in her knee has heeled very well. She's able to walk up our steep back steps with minimal assistance. She's been doing longer walks around the block and today we took her to town and back. We are working to strengthen her back legs and so far it's doing wonders as she gains more confidence as well as traction on our hardwood floors.

In fact, the other day I was in the office working and all of a sudden I heard footsteps. She had gotten off the couch in the family room, navigated the single step up to the hardwood floors and gingerly walked down the hallway to the office and happily curled up by my feet! I was so excited! It's the little things that we all take for granted. The fact that she can do that again after months and months is astounding.

So it was a great birthday celebration on Friday honoring Sadie's 4 years. We first let her eat cinnamon rolls and then we took her to Decadent Dogs (dog store) in South Haven to get a treat and a toy. She got lots of walks and love and food! I think she enjoyed her day. I know we all enjoyed spoiling our cute and very cuddly girl.

Sadie in South Haven with a cupcake (Peyton's holding)

Morning cinnamon roll
Found me at my desk!


She tucked herself in for a nap!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home