Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 24, 2018

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Imagine my surprise when I came across this picture in Hailey’s school newsletter. The simple joy on both the older woman’s face and Hailey’s face says a lot. (Her school welcomes older adults from the retirement community down the street to come and interact with the children.)

When I showed Hailey this picture, right away she smiled and recognized the older woman (she had been in Hailey’s classroom last school year too).

Hailey went on to tell me she was reading Ms. Mary Ann a book about snakes. I’m sure Ms. Mary Ann loved that book especially because Hailey can’t quite read yet but conjures up her own stories in her mind based on pictures in a book or ones she draws.

I love her imagination and it’s evident Ms. Mary Ann does too. What a sweet and satisfying friendship between the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home