Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, March 19, 2018

Winners!

It was a winning weekend for my older two! (Well, Hailey too since she got to spend all day Friday with her Dad without the older two since I was out of town and they were in school - she had the day off.)

First, Hailey enjoyed a Friday book and craft at the library with some of her friends from school and then they went to lunch at Grandma's house.


Hailey is far right

On Saturday, Peyton entered her Indian Princess race car in their annual racing event. They compete for speed and design and must modify a block of wood to either be the fastest or the prettiest car out there. This year, Peyton decided to go for design and with her Dad's help constructed a canoe out of a block wood. Their design won 2nd place this year.



On Sunday, Austen had his championship game for his indoor soccer league. Austen really loves soccer and he especially excels at indoor. (He's a sweater so I think the temperature controlled climate really helps his play!) His team ended up knocking off their opponents with a score of 5-2. Austen scored three amazing goals to help lift his team to victory and secure their undefeated indoor season. 

In the spring, his team will move into the Platinum division for their age group - the highest club level of soccer you can play in the state of Illinois (at his age group there's about 7 different levels with Platinum being the highest). But what's even sweeter is that there's such talent on this team and they genuinely like each other, goofing off together and just hanging out together. It's a special team and something that I'm glad he's found as I know first hand how special and lifelong that bond can
be.

Austen is in the front row #18

And while I was in Nashville enjoying a girls weekend, I still loved hearing about all three of my kids winning weekends (although I did get to watch Austen's game on Sunday). So proud of all my winners this weekend!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home