Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

First Wedding for A&P

My brother got married last weekend, and Tom and I went back and forth on whether or not to bring the kids. We knew Hailey couldn't handle it as it would have been a really long day for her but we debated about whether the other two could.

Ultimately, we did decide to bring just the older two as I still remember my aunt and uncle getting married at age 9 and what a big event that was for me. At 5 1/2 and 8 1/2 I knew they would be interested in what was going on and they could handle staying up late too. What I didn't expect was how well they really did - they were going from about 2pm in the afternoon until 11:30pm! Okay, they did take a break at Papa's house for a few hours in between to watch some videos but they really did better than we could have hoped.

They were great in the church - really interested in seeing their new aunt all decked out and what everyone was doing up at the altar. They then went with my parents and extended family to Papa's house for the downtime in between the church and reception while Tom and I hung out with the wedding party for pictures. They arrived at the reception in great moods after only a slight mishap of spilled fruit punch on Peyton's dress from her afternoon snack. They were also ready to dance the night away and sat at the grandparents' table(s). When it was time for food, they willingly chose and ate a vegetable. Peyton danced up a storm and stole her father from me at least once to dance. Austen enjoyed hanging out with his cousins and eating the late night cheeseburgers they delivered from McDonald's. He did seem to slow down for a bit before the cheeseburgers arrived but after he devoured one, he seemed to get a second wind which had us there until about 11:30pm.

A great family wedding and one that I am sure they will remember forever. After all, I still remember my first wedding attended now more than 30 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home