Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Daddy Said...

Ever since Austen moved upstairs to the older kids' class his vocabulary has expanded by the minute. He's also listening to more things on TV and telling us, "Mommy..he said..." so we really have to be careful what he's watching and we knew it was just a matter of time before we had to be really careful with what we were saying.

The other day, he said to Tom and me "Giddyup, Cowboy!" I laughed and asked him who said that and he said Buzz - meaning Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. He went to see that movie with Tom and his Uncle Bob and he loved it. Everything is about Buzz and Boody (not Woody) and of course the movie Cars - Lightning McQueen and Mater. He listens to what they say and repeats it to us.

So yesterday, I came home from work and Austen and I happened to be playing in his room when he tells me. "There was a lot of traffic." Tom had taken Austen and Peyton to see Grandma and got stuck in a lot of traffic on the way home. "He said 'funk'", Austen tells me matter of factly. I knew Tom wasn't very happy that it had taken him so long to get home so I was pretty sure of what Austen was telling me. But, I wasn't sure I heard him correctly. He repeated it again and while I was glad he really thought his dad said funk it still was too close for comfort.

I told Tom and he couldn't believe it. I think mostly because he thought Austen would learn his first bad word from me, not from him. I'm glad he was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home