Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Love Austen, Peyton and Adler

Like many married couples with young kids, our lives have transitioned from going out for fancy dinners on Valentine's Day to staying home and just enjoying the day. Actually, Tom and I quit going out to dinner on Valentine's Day long before even Austen came along. We liked avoiding the crowds and the obnoxious prix fixe menus and often had the best Valentine's Days at home. One year, Tom made homemade pizza for me. Another year, he picked up all my favorite things to eat for dinner even coaxing a restaurant who didn't normally do takeout to whip up a batch of their coconut shrimp to go.

So today wasn't a big deal. We got up early though to take Austen skiing. I read magazines in the lodge while Peyton snoozed, and Tom and Austen were on the slopes. We hurried home because the one thing I did ask for for Valentine's Day was two hours to myself to get a manicure and a pedicure. After that, I came home to hang out with my brood. Tom gathered them all downstairs including Adler and up they marched with one red rose and a card from each of them for me (four total). It was all very sweet.

We had a little photo shoot after of Austen and Peyton in their Valentine's Day attire. They are both doing well. Peyton is starting to smile a lot and is just a happy baby most of the time. She's sleeping really well some nights (11:30pm-6:10 am last night) and not so well on some others. I know she's only six and a half weeks old but I don't remember Austen being this good!

As for Austen, he is so excited to see his sister when I pick him up from school. He holds court with his friends, shouting and pointing at her, "See my sister! See Peyton!" He is also quick to place the blame on her already too. When I asked him recently who ripped one of his books, he was quick to tell me "Peyton!" I guess that's only a precursor to what I'll be dealing with in the future!

1 Comments:

  • Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home