Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sadie's Health Update

Happy that it Snowed!
It's been a long road to recovery but I feel like we've finally turned the corner with Sadie's health. Her partial knee tear is healing well and she's more mobile on our hardwood floors and not just walking where the yoga mats are put down.

She's taking the stairs up easily too but still needs a little assistance coming down. I think these Berners are extra cautious (once they slip and fall, they don't want to get back up and try again). But she's slowly gaining her confidence on the stairs and is back to being able to do the stairs to our back deck.

Sadie knows her limitations on the ice outside too and we need to be very careful that she doesn't hurt herself slipping. In fact, she was feeling so good that yesterday as well as this morning I took her for a walk around the block. We haven't walked her that far in months - since she blew out her knee. But she was looking so great and feeling so well that I thought we would give it a try. She did great, however, this morning was a little treacherous for us both with the sidewalks caked in ice. Any unsuspecting walkers would pull a "Fred Flinstone" as my neighbor called it and you'd end up smack on your back. Luckily we made it around the block with no major catastrophes although halfway through our walk I didn't think we were going to make it back home as we navigated around a lot of ice!

Anyway, I'm glad she's on the mend and her vet is now recommending massage for her as well. I think I might just need one myself with all the lugging around of her 100 pound body the last couple of months!

Just Lounging Around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home