Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Peyton Recovers from Walking Pneumonia

Starbucks stop to help her feel better!
Peyton missed a week and a half of school recently. She spiked a fever almost two Sundays ago and couldn't shake it by week's end. On day 5, I took her to the doctor and they told me that she had a bad cold virus but to come back if the fever hadn't broken by Day 7. Well, after thinking she was getting better on Day 8 when she awoke with no fever, I was proven wrong by mid afternoon when her fever returned. I scheduled an appointment once again for the doctor who quickly diagnosed her with Walking Pneumonia. Walking Pneumonia is a less severe form of pneumonia where they still have a fever and a wicked cough but are somewhat functional despite being tired. So finally we got some antibiotics that knocked out her fever and put her on the mend but it wasn't until after she missed a week and a half of school. A WEEK and A HALF!! I don't think any of my kids have missed that much school ever!

At any rate, she's on the mend and back to her regular school activities and sports. During this time, the only thing she really had to do was 2 practices and a competition for cheerleading. She did well despite not feeling great. I give her a lot of credit for toughing it out and not letting down her squad considering she was right in the front for a stunt group and reorganizing last minute would have been very hard and hey, she was functional with a bit of ibuprofen!

But, I'm glad she's back to school now and so is Hailey. She put a serious crimp in our morning schedule as we didn't go out much and had to cancel a lot of appointments due to her being ill. I'm just glad I wasn't working though as I remember Tom and I having to basically negotiate who had to stay home for a sick kid. I couldn't imagine doing that for a week and a half. Anyway, I'm glad she's feeling more like her old self these days - sticking to me like glue and ready to tease her sister at a moment's notice!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home