Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, September 23, 2019

Dash N Bash 2019

For the last 5 years our elementary school has held their annual Dash N Bash - a 1k race followed by a big party complete with inflatables, carnival games and food. It’s a huge hit with the kids and the week leading up to it begins with a spirit week.

It’s always a favorite of the girls to get to dress in their pjs for the day or participate in crazy hair day (Austen much preferred just the race). This year was the first year that Hailey got to officially participate and she was so excited. And I finally planned ahead for crazy hair day since I had 2 now really wanting to do it (even though I’m not a huge fan of it!).

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was fun to see both girls race. Peyton did great and ran at a good clip the entire way. She planned to run with another friend in her class and took off at warp speed. Her friend told her to slow down and she said, “I can’t! My dad promised me $5 if I was the first girl in my class across the finish line!” She says she won the $5 but I wasn’t there to verify as Hailey was starting as she was ending.

Hailey did great too. She started off smiling and running. She got second for girls in her class and her and the other girl beat most of the boys too! She was a little competitor and enjoyed her first Dash N Bash especially with her dad and brother as pacers for her class (see if you can spot them in the back of one of her pictures).

All in all a great 5th Dash N Bash and a great first one for Hailey.
 

Getting ready to race with her class


Smiling and running!

Peyton is on the left

Running hard!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home