Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, June 02, 2019

Hailey Can Read!

I knew she was close to reading but the other two started reading early on in Kindergarten and I thought Hailey would do the same. So I figured I still had a few months.

Every day, Hailey and I read during lunch but I usually read to her. However, last week she bought home a book from school and I was surprised that she easily read the entire book. I thought maybe she had just memorized it because she read it a lot at school so I tested her with some early reader books we have at home and low and behold - she's reading! I mean really reading!

It's such an exciting time when kids learn to read and I'm equally excited that she's embarking on her journey into reading as I was when Austen and Peyton first learned to read. And, she's two and three months older than they are but she still learned to read a few months earlier than them too. Here she is knocking it out of the park!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home