Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day 2019


A funny cartoon about moms this Mother's Day caught my eye and explained exactly how I felt on this day.


Starbucks!
You see when I worked, I had two full time jobs and that was hard (but if I took a day off, it could be my day off as my kids were in school/daycare). There are no days off when you're a stay at home mom especially with one who isn't in school full time yet.

 Now don't get me wrong, my favorite thing to do on Mother's Day (and during that weekend) is watch my kids play sports. So we started the weekend with Hailey playing a great soccer game (with me coaching) and getting a goal. Peyton followed that up with a superb soccer game where she scored two goals leading her team to a win, and then a softball game where she went 2 for 2 from the plate. Austen rounded out Saturday with an ESPN baseball play of the game where he made a diving catch in center field (and knocked the wind out of himself in the process).

Sunday morning, Mother's Day had us up early and off to a soccer game an hour away only to find out as we were driving down our street that it was canceled due to flooded fields. Baseball tournament games were also severely delayed. So what to do? Brunch was out - the  kids already ate. So it was off to deliver a Mother's Day present to my mom then head to the grocery store. Made lunch for the kids and took them and Sadie all for a walk to Starbucks. Folded and put away laundry. Made lunches for Monday and got clothes and uniforms situated for the week all the while Tom repainted our deck.

By that time it was time for the U.S. Women's National Team soccer game on TV so at least I got to enjoy that (and a crepe) before heading off to Austen's 6pm baseball game an hour away. He doubled and singled and made several key catches in center field including throwing someone out at home from center field. After the game, the players all gave their moms roses too. The only thing that could have been better while watching all my kids this weekend was the weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home