Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Austen Writes His Name

Austen has really been working hard at school on his numbers and letters. He comes home every day with a new work that showcases his practice on writing/knowing his numbers and letters. We've learned he knows letters really well too if they are in his sister's or his best friend Gavin's name...which is kind of funny.

So yesterday, Tom and I were getting him to sign my mom's birthday card. He wanted to practice on a piece of paper first, so I whipped one out and let him sit down in his room to practice. He did it so effortlessly and perfect that I was amazed. Now I have seen him write his name before but he was having a little trouble with the u and the s as of last week. I can tell he's been practicing at school every day because now it looks perfect!

Also, funny story...I told him I wanted him to write his sister's name on the card and that I would help him but just then Peyton woke up from her nap so I went downstairs to get her and Tom was in the bathroom shaving. When I came back up, Austen had written Peyton perfectly too! I thought Tom had helped him but when I asked him, he told me that he thought I had helped Austen. Although neither of us helped him it made sense because Austen knows how to spell Peyton's name, I just wasn't sure he knew how to write all the letters in her name. But he did!

Here's Austen showing off his writing skills...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home