Back to School - Sophomore, Junior & 7th Grader
Finally, they are all back in school. There's structure. There's a schedule. There's things to do and things to be done.
![]() |
| Last Dinner Together before Austen Left |
Peyton has been inundated with lots of homework. Two plus hours each night. Junior year is for real. Add ACT prep on top of that and joining the Women in Business Club again and maybe one more club and she has no time. She does head to her core power yoga class three times a week though - sometimes with friends and sometimes she just goes solo to get her work out in. She is still working a few times a week too until the pool closes on Labor Day.
I dropped Austen off at school on Monday. The drive is the best thing about him going to U of I. It's so easy and close - two hours and then you are there. We unloaded and trekked his stuff up four flights of stairs (with the help of his roommate and his roommate's dad). I got the bed made and he organized a few things and then thinking he'd want to grab a quick bite to eat and then I'd leave. But, he wanted to do a sit down meal so I suggested our old favorite - Chilis, and he agreed saying it's just like old times. (We used to go every time he and I flew in somewhere for a soccer tournament. We'd eat at Chilis - Arizona, Florida, etc. right after we got off the plane - no matter the time.)
Did I mention that he moved into his fraternity. Not impressed with the living space there but at least his room is pretty big and he has a common area and big bathroom he shares with his roommate and just two other kids. He probably has one of the better rooms in the house aside from maybe the single rooms. He's had a lot to do since I dropped him off with rush activities and on Monday he starts school and tryouts for the club soccer team. Excited to hear his updates - when he actually calls us.
![]() |
| Austen's Room (Illinois pillow is his side) |
Anyway, glad everyone is back and we're heading into another school year! Go Illini, Go Red Devils and Go Eagles!
![]() |
| The Phi Psi House |
![]() |
| Peyton's ready in pink (Link Crew member shirt) |
![]() |
| Hailey can't wait to see her friends! |







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home