We are soaking up these last days of summer. Honestly, I'm torn on it all coming to an end here pretty quickly. My kids (mainly Hailey) need to get back to some structure on a daily basis and that means school.
I'm ready to have my days back where I'm not running kids around 24-7 or am without a car because someone needs it. Or figuring out some activity to do with Hailey because she has no plans and needs to be kept off her phone. I'm tired of the summer storms (and the flooding) and no power for hours on end.
I'm ready for fall (it is my favorite season). But, I know that with it comes Austen's return to school as well. It's been sort of nice having him home all summer when he's been home. I say sort of because even he needs to get back to some structure where he's really busy again.
We are all ready, I think. Peyton actually started today (more on that in a future post) and Hailey goes back early next week. Peyton won't be doing cheer this year but is part of the Link Crew Team orienting new students and freshman. Maybe she'll go out for track in the spring but she has a busy academic year ahead of her as well as preparing for the ACT. Hailey will do cross country in middle school and then continue with hockey. Maybe she'll continue in basketball this year but she said she's not trying out for the middle school team. Austen is doing school, the fraternity and trying out for the club soccer team (he says).
I think Tom and I will have a lot more free time at night and on the weekends now than in previous years. Our kids are growing up and our lives aren't revolving around them so much anymore. So time to make our own plans!
But first here's a recap of our last days of summer...
 |
| Peyton in the water soaking up the last rays of summer w/ friends |
 |
| Hailey golfing |
 |
| Austen unclogging the sewers on our street due to the crazy storms |
 |
| More mini golf at Lost Mountain |
 |
| Lavender Lemonades at Captain Lou's |
 |
| Sunset dinners in Michigan |
 |
| Girl Dinner - caesar salad, fries and a Diet Coke! |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home