It's a Pickleball Summer
![]() |
| On the courts in Michigan |
The girls have really improved from playing all summer. I guess they've actually been playing since spring because we started playing with them when we were in Palm Springs for Spring Break. Hailey is getting better faster because she's signed up for a racquets camp so she's learning paddle, pickle and tennis. She also plays a mean game of ping pong so that really helps her in pickle. Austen has gone out this summer to play with friends and Illinois just built some amazing pickleball courts so he'll likely be bringing his racquet back to school.
I've been playing in a ladies league most of the summer on Fridays so that's really helped me learn the game too. Plus, I've gotten to meet some other members at the club that don't necessarily play paddle or who I knew a bit through paddle but have gotten to know better through pickleball so that's been really nice too. I even signed up for the member-guest pickleball tournament my club hosted and invited one of my longtime friends to play with me. That was super fun and we got to get together to play a few times before then too. I like this pickleball craze. It gets people out and socializing while being active.
Hopefully it's a sport that I'll be able to play when I'm much older too! But for now it's a good time being active with friends and family. Next up - our club sponsored Mahjong and pickleball night. What could be better?!!
![]() |
| Cathy and me at the member-guest event |




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home