Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

They Finally Did It!

The girls finally mustered up the courage to get their ears pierced a little over a week ago. They had been talking about finally doing it but had to wait until soccer and cheerleading were over.

So we decided on early December. Hailey's state cheer was done and Peyton was free. One of my friend's who is a pediatrician pierces ears in her practice and I didn't want to just take them to Claire's so I asked her and she was happy to do it for the girls. 

We made an appointment two days after Hailey's cheer was done and you would have thought that I made it for that moment because the minute I told them they both started having second thoughts. I knew I needed to get them to just do it because they both really wanted to do it but were just scared it would hurt. 

My friend, Melanie, was great. She had a whole set up where she let them pick out their stud earrings and then she went through how to care for them after and finally she had them do some breathing techniques as she could see they both were a little nervous. Luckily, Melanie does both ears at once so the whole thing is over in a split second. 

Peyton picked rather conservative studs too (even though she has bigger ear lobes) while Hailey opted for a bigger, flashier pair. Peyton went first and said it didn't even really hurt. Then Hailey mustered up enough courage. We were in and out in 15 minutes with newly pierced ears! 

Finally, they did it at almost 13 and 9 years old! I definitely didn't wait that long (I was 4!). But they are both excited to wear other earrings they put on their Xmas lists too (or in Hailey's case, ones she got for her bday). Only 4 more weeks until they can take them out! Hooray!





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home