Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I'm So Behind!

I'm not sure why this period of my life seems so much busier than any other time. I mean I've been consistently really behind on my blog for the first time in 16 years! And, I just feel behind and constantly trying to catch up on things that I need to get done. Maybe it will subside in a few months when Austen gets his license and I'm not constantly on the road driving everyone everywhere from 3pm until sometimes 10:30pm. Or maybe it's when I don't have to take Sadie to all her rehab or doctors appointments that take a good 3 hours or so out of my day. Or maybe it's when I don't have to routinely wash the mounds of laundry that piles up from uniforms and my kids thinking that they can wear something for an hour then throw it in the laundry. Or perhaps it's when I'm not planning events or parties or managing something for Austen's high school or club soccer team. Or when I don't have to volunteer for a 4-hour shift at a swim meet for Peyton or collect money for gifts for her cheer coaches. Or when I'm not Hailey's Girl Scout Treasurer anymore, collecting money, writing checks and managing the money. Or when I'm not chairing any more elementary school committees like the Room Parents (who need constant reminding to get their forms in). 

I am happy that I did get our spring break finally planned along with two excursions as well as a ski trip coordinated in January (although still need to book restaurants, rent skis and the car!). I also pre-planned Peyton's 13th birthday (She's going to be sooo excited! No I didn't manage to get her Taylor Swift tickets! What a debacle that was!) And, I'm working on a Sweet 16 surprise for Austen. Throw in Xmas shopping, my Dad's knee replacement surgery and just managing my kids' crazy schedules and maybe I'll come up for air in February. But lately, I do try to really be in the moment. I didn't videotape many moments that I thought about pulling out my phone for but decided against it because I wanted to really be present in those moments. They are, however, recorded in my mind! 

Well, it's time. I've got to go and get to all of the other things on my to do list before picking up my Dad from the hospital where he is being discharged today after knee replacement surgery. Hopefully next time, it won't be so long since I've written! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home