Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Busy, Busy and Busy

Hailey catches a fish
My three kids names are Busy, Busy and Busy. And they sure keep me busy. I'm their primary Uber (driving them to and from practices or events) and their primary parent volunteer. Currently, I'm co-president of Austen's high school boys soccer booster club (a lot of work!) while serving as chair of the Room Parent Committee for Hailey's school and also serving as her Brownie Troop Treasurer. Middle school is a little less volunteerism but I still worked Peyton's Back to School Day and am putting in hours for her swim team too. Not to mention the millions of emails and forms I need to fill out and just scheduling that goes on each and every day. So if you wonder why I've been delinquent with posting my blog, this is why! I do these posts as free form writing to get down significant events or not so significant ones. I write these quickly in between my tasks. So sometimes it's not edited and not perfect writing so don't critique that - it's just a journal entry so to speak! 

Anyway, last weekend I should've gotten an award! I was knee deep in helping to plan a big Senior Day event for soccer but then had to run to a baby shower with Peyton that was 45 minutes away early afternoon before rushing back for halftime and the after game activities. Luckily, Tom didn't have any kids that day except to get Austen to the soccer field so he stepped in and helped with some of my duties for Senior Day. I made it back before halftime only to see what surely would have been Austen's game winning goal called back. A VAR review would certainly have deemed it a goal (we watched the playback on a high school sports network channel). Bummer for him but I didn't have time to dwell on that. Needed to serve up an after game lunch to 30 kids and coaches before rushing home to do a quick change and drive another 45 minutes to Hailey's Brownie Campout. That was before getting Peyton and her friend (who was sleeping over) situated to head to the mall for dinner, shopping and a movie. Anyway, made it to the campout by 7pm. Luckily some great moms had already put up our tent but I realized I left my sleeping bag at home but made it work with an air mattress and a nice cozy fleece that I had brought. I had sent Hailey with her Troop Leader earlier that morning realizing that there was no way I could participate in the day's activities with her with my schedule. She had fun and was (somewhat) glad to see me that evening! 

We had a nice night with the girls hanging out and playing games while the moms caught up and had a little fun of their own. The campsite was beautiful with babbling brooks, a log cabin and running water (which made it so much better!). We broke down early the next morning before the heavy rain came and we were all home by 8:15am. It rained most of Sunday, and I was glad for the inside day of rest after what was a crazy Saturday!


Our tents! 

S'More time!



Troop shenanigans!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home