Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Austen's First Haircut

Austen was blessed with thin hair. Despite this it was growing rather unruly especially with that pesky cowlick in the front (my mom says that I have nine cowlicks - she had a hairdresser count them all when I was seven). So we decided to bring Austen in for a haircut.

We took him to Snippets - a place where they cater to cutting young children's hair - they have TVs, cars you can sit in while they snip away and lots of toys to keep the kids entertained. Austen did wonderfully for the first half and then as his hairdresser was cutting the back decided that he wasn't having so much fun anymore. Anyway, he made it through his first haircut and we have it on film. I won't post the video here because it's entirely too long so here's a snapshot of the day.

Next up, Adler. She's due for a haircut and blow dry soon!

2 Comments:

  • Ahh, he’s becoming such a big boy. I’m surprised Tom didn’t take him to State Street Barbers. What does Austin want for his birthday? I can’t wait to see him soon.

    By Blogger 00, at 8:15 PM  

  • Nice photo. Ya know, I once read somewhere about the derivation of the term cowlick. It really was because your hair looked like a cow licked it. Of course, I've never known you to have cowlicks.

    By Blogger Perry, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home