Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Pets of the Year


This week, I received the Anti-Cruelty Society's Pets of the Year brochure. I mentioned in a previous post that sending me info on helping animals has me whipping out my checkbook to help. I seriously am a sucker for pets. As I read through the stories of the four pets of the year - two dogs and two cats who were blinded, maimed or suffered brain damage, I thought of how dependent these animals are on us humans. Once again it really tugged at my heart and my purse strings. I thought of volunteering at the Anti-Cruelty Society, but honestly I don't even think I could handle seeing the condition that these pets come in and I think that I would grow too attached. So for now, I'll just keep writing the checks. You too can contribute to a good cause in more ways than one and as more and more pets flood shelters this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home