Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fireworks Aren't For Dogs


Yup, you guessed it, Adler hates fireworks just like most dogs you know. She refuses to go outside and when you finally coax her into going outside she pulls you right back to the door. She likes watching all the colors in the sky, but just can't get used to the sound. Our usually happy go lucky dog, turns into an afraid little animal, cowering between Tom and I, her little heart beating like crazy.

I thought she wouldn't mind the fireworks considering she's a city dog and is used to loud noises, but there must be something about dogs' ears that makes the loud boom ten times louder to a dog. At any rate, my dog will be happy when the 4th of July weekend is over, and I will be happy when I can open up the windows, take Adler for a walk at night and not leave the radio on all day to muffle out the sounds of explosives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home