Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Diving, Boating, Games & Beach

It's almost the end of summer and all we have to show for it are some great tans! Aside from a one night trip to Indiana, we've just been heading to Michigan for some long weekends with some camps thrown in there too. 

All summer long, Hailey has been working on her dive. I think she finally has it too.


 

We also rented a boat and did some swimming. Lake Michigan was a little rough that day so we rolled out our lily pad (floating mat) in a protected cove and the kids jumped on and off the boat, floated on the lily pad and played in the water. We figured out Hailey gets a little sea sick from boating so we gave her a Dramamine which knocked her out completely for a bit. But she recovered after a good 45 minute power nap and had fun playing in the water too. 


P behind me in the captain's chair

Dramamine kicks in

Just chillin'

We also found some time this summer to hit a Chicago Red Stars and Chicago Fire (soccer) doubleheader as well as take in a White Sox baseball game. The White Sox won and we got to see a lot of fireworks for some home runs while the Red Stars game showcased the debut of 17 year old Jaiden Shaw for the San Diego Waves. We also got to see Gaga Slonina, the 19 year old goalkeeper for the Fire who days later was loaned to Chelsea in a multi-million dollar deal. 

Papa and P

Selfies at the Sox Game!

Red Stars/Fire Doubleheader


So while we haven't gone anywhere per se (except Michigan) we've kept busy all summer. We even got Sadie to get down to the state park beach in South Haven through a handicap accessible ramp. She loved the water and the sand. Fell down a few times and got wet as the waves approached her and she wasn't quick enough to move her body and get out of the way! But she really enjoyed her walk there and it was good therapy for her too. In fact, we all enjoyed it except when I stepped into what was quicksand and sank down to my knee into a giant hole that just kept filling in with sand. I had my Tori Burch flip flops on (I wasn't going to lose those - they are $50 a pop!) and almost lost it in the sand but I just kept digging and digging to get my leg loose enough so I could bring up my flip flop too. Kind of crazy and I'm glad it was me and not one of my kids. Anyway, another good adventure for our summer of 2022 and exploring more of southwest Michigan. 

Sadie and me after the quicksand fiasco

Sadie enjoys the beach


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home