Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Buzz and Woody


So like most kids (and adults), Austen saw Toy Story 3 when it came out this summer. He has the talking Woody doll and a t-shirt of Buzz and Woody that Grandma bought him and I decided to add to his collection of Buzz and Woody items by getting him the Toy Story 3 underwear.

Well, the other day, was the first day he wore it. I heard him arguing with Tom about the way his underwear should be worn. Apparently Buzz and Woody need to be displayed on the front (not his butt as the manufacturers thought). This way Austen can see them all day when he goes to the bathroom. If it's on his butt, he can't see them. Regardless, Tom made him put his underwear on the right way much to Austen's chagrin.

Well, he showed us. The next day his clothes were laid out for him to get ready for school. He got dressed all by himself and when he came into the kitchen to eat breakfast I wanted to make sure he put his underwear on correctly since I know that sometimes he puts them on inside out. As soon as I pulled up his shirt and went to grab his pants, he pulled away from me. That was my first clue but in the morning rush to get out the door, I thought he just didn't want me to double check his work. I let it go.

So after school, we came home and the first thing Austen does is go to the bathroom and wash his hands. I happened to walk by the bathroom door as he was going and noticed he was still wearing the Toy Story underwear from the day before. My first thought was gross, he didn't change his underwear! But then I stopped and walked into the bathroom and noticed he must have taken off the Toy Story underwear that morning, turned it around and put his pants on. He was going to show us! I was floored. But what really puzzled me was where was the underwear I had laid out for him yesterday? I searched his room. He was smart enough not to leave it out for me to see that morning. I checked the laundry. Nothing there. I checked his garbage. Nothing there. Then I began checking his dresser drawers and found his underwear neatly placed in a lower drawer that he could reach with his shorts and t-shirts.

I had to laugh to myself because this kid really thought this through. I give him credit because he found a way to wear his underwear his way without getting caught before school. Makes me wonder what he'll be like when he's a teenager, ugh!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home